Tuesday 4 August 2015

Fly Away

Hello friends,

We have another single page sketch at Stick-It-Down this month...and guess who created the sketch...yup...its ME....It feels so good to see people create scrapbook pages using these sketches...
Be sure to check out the beautiful pages created by our Design Team ...

Now this might sound ridiculous (having created the sketch myself)...but I had a hard time making a scrapbook page from this layout...I did not want to make small tiles for the background...as I have already done here and here...I wanted to do something different...and this is what I ended up with...
I am pretty pleased with the end result... :D



Now on to the details..I clear embossed a bird stamp multiple times and smooshed Peacock Feathers DI over it...



Next I started matting the photos..I have used a Hero Arts Chevron stencil on the matted layers...and I stamped the stamp "fly away" (which really suits the pics :D ) on one of the layers repeatedly...


And in the end I made a simple cluster for one of the corners...some DI...some stenciling and some stamping... I love these chipboard Pebbles from Dusty attic...I coloured it black with Archival Ink...so that it matches the layout...Also this way the words are more legible...


As I am making more pages...I am realising that I like creating simple layouts...meaning less layering...simple clusters...not many colours...emphasis on the photo...

I am entering this layout in the following challenges:

A2Z Scrapbooking Challenge - Embossing + Hero Arts Chevron stencil

A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge

 

    

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog




35 comments:

  1. love the colors on your scrapbook page - thanks for sharing your beautiful project at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanja...I love this colour too!

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful LO, I love your page

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! this is a FAB page...awesome photos too! So glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Glad you liked it...

      Delete
  4. Beautiful page, great background for the featured photos! Thanks for sharing with us at a2z Scrapbooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Page !
    Thanks for joining in the fun at A Bit More Time To Craft and GOOD LUCK !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your layout turned out! Your color choice is fantastic and so was the decision to use the birds instead of tiles. Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the birds idea...Thanks Monica!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful page.with color and texture. Fun layout.

    So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous LO. Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking this month

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cool! Love the birds! Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun layout! Great to see you playing with us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page. I love it. Thank you for playing with us at Words & Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page..love it..Thank you for playing with us at Words & Paintery...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nupur! Glad you like the page...

      Delete
  13. love the sketch, love the page and the bird stencil, glad you played along at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chark...Glad you like it...I have actually used emboss resist technique for the birds...

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I see that now in the post. It looks great!

      Delete
    3. Thanks again Chark!

      Delete
  14. A fabulous layout, love the colours. Thanks for joining the Mixed Media challenge at STAMPlorations this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely amazing layout--the emboss resist birds are the perfect background for those fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty layout; I love the stenciling. Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete